Saturday, October 16, 2010

things that will put a touch of longing in my eye

Christmas
      I am dying for it to be Christmas! I love everything about the season.  I also love Halloween but can't afford to do much with it this year, and my Thanksgiving will probably be low key as well, so I really really want to skip ahead to Christmas: snow, songs, christmas movies, caroling, baking, lights, general happiness everywhere...I can't wait!

School
     Strange as it may seem, I can't wait for school to start in January.  I have been out of school for a while now and am so excited to go back.  I miss learning, having homework, the feeling of accomplishment that comes with completing a project or taking a test, knowing things, the stress, sense of purpose and progress, everything!

My friends at work
     Along with school comes the fact that I am leaving my job that I have been working full time at for the last year and a half.  I have met a lot of great people there and I am sad to leave, but excited to move on.  I am grateful for the wonderful people I have had in my life!

Temple Square
     I love Temple Square in Salt Lake, and I currently have the itch to go and just hang out for a day or an afternoon.  I've been there a million times but it never gets old and I love the feeling there and the living history.  Hopefully one of these days I will make it up there. 
  
Les Miserables
    Les Mis is coming back to SLC!! I went a few years ago the last time it was here and let me tell you, it was one of my favorite moments in life so far. I. LOVE. THIS. MUSICAL. And seeing it live is incredible and very moving.  The cheapest tickets this time around are...wait for it...eighty-nine dollars!!! I'm pretty sure I paid like $30 last time.  My desire to go back to school cannot justify this (however I am notorious at giving in anyways, we'll see what happens), so if you feel like going and taking me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment