Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kickin' It Old School (plus lots more)

I promised myself if I got done with my homework at a reasonable hour I could blog. Well, it's midnight, and that is pretty early for me so here I go!


First, I have lots of little things to say, but let me just throw this out there:


Any guesses as to what this is?




Perhaps it is a science experiment? Or maybe an 18th century sick room scene? You are wrong. This is in fact a picture of my shower this morning. That's right, our hot water is broken so as the rest of my roommates traipsed off to school scummy and unbathed, I whipped out the kettle, large bowl, and measuring cup. I accomplished everything I do in a normal shower, and surprisingly it didn't take much longer, if at all, and I got perfectly clean. I AM A PIONEER WOMAN! or something like that. I was feeling proud of myself and my ingenuity until I found out that the problem isn't getting fixed until tomorrow afternoon, so I will have to repeat my escapades tomorrow morning. My first thought was, "I don't really want to be a pioneer woman!" Pride will get you like that, so be careful.


Next up we have the events of yesterday, Sunday. Woke up to this:


 Yep, Utah's awesome like that. My favorite part was that on Saturday it was 70 degrees. For the most part it has melted, so I will hand that to Utah, snow doesn't stick around for long.


So all weekend long the nastiest, biggest bunch of dirty dishes that you ever did see was taking up residence ALL over our kitchen. Every roommate had an attitude of "I am not doing them this time, that's disgusting." I found myself alone with them on Sunday afternoon so I gave in and went to work...


An  ENTIRE sink full of silverware. Silverware!
My handiwork of first organizing the dirty dishes.
 Anyways, not the most thrilling thing to share, but I feel like there is a misconception out there that girls are clean and that is just simply not the case. 


Also I made delicious cookies as a precursor to my new "no sweets" attitude. I've found that I have become more and more dependent on sugar, specifically chocolate, in order to cope with school. The longer this goes on the grosser I feel, so I'm being bold and making major cut backs. My biggest obstacle right now: I keep forgetting that I set that goal, and nearly slip up. But back to the cookies:


Mmm. It was a tasty send-off to my dessert-free exile.




Now on to the important stuff...the hair.


The real problem at play here is that my hair is way too short in the front/frame of my face and the back/nape of my neck. The rest is all very long and shapeless now. In fact, I kind of look like this guy...


Yep, I am Raggedy Andy. And I feel it.
So I snapped a couple of shots of various hair dos from yesterday and today and I JUST CAN'T MAKE MY HAIR LOOK GOOD! I knew it was going to be hard, but this is ridiculous! My roommate Allyson saw me poking and prodding it for the umpteenth time yesterday and made the comment, "You know, I always thought girls with long hair spent more time on their hair. Now I know that's not true." Thanks Allyson. 
I'm actually glaring at the camera in this one.

 So my issue with this is that it looks alright from the front, and is super unflattering from the back. I took a picture and it's too awful to share. But I'm afraid (and too poor) to get my hair cut and lose all this wonderful growth. I think I might have to though to even it out. It'll set me back a few months. :\
What I ended up with today after my pioneer bath. My camera's
flash is broken, sorry for the darkness. I'd like to refer you to my
adorable and newly cleaned room in the background.

Anyways, I know this isn't the most riveting topic ever to crash the blogosphere, and maybe I'm just a typical vain girl (I just did a major cram session for the second half of the Book of Mormon for an independent study class that is due tomorrow) but my distress is growing. I think because no matter how much effort I put into my makeup, clothes, jewelry, etc., If my hair looks nasty I feel nasty. And all I want is for my hair to look like this:


Disclaimer: I know that I am not Katie Holmes. But the general style.
Note: she is in front of a poster for "Hairspray." Love.



Anyways, that's enough whining from me. Cool things about today:

I actually had a really good day
No poli sci quiz AND we watched "I'm Just a Bill" Schoolhouse Rock style.
Be sure to check out the Family Guy version as well...hilarious.
 
I got a new project at work which has successfully saved my sanity.
My Wednesday research paper got pushed back to next Monday--Bless you Professor Yates
A possibly really good thing happened that I had been scheming and stressing about but I won't go into detail because my blog is not private and it's a primo example of my being creepy. Facebook me if you want more info. 
I got my independent study class done before the deadline so now I believe I won't fail it.
I listened to President Monson's Priesthood talk and it was really good. I heart those guys. 
I got a couple of projects turned in today, so I don't have to worry about them anymore. 

Alright all (and by that, I mean all two or three of you), i'm out. It is most definitely bed time. I would like the add that I know the world will not end because of my hair and that people are still starving everywhere and there are more important things to think about. And it's true, and I am thinking about them. But i'm also thinking about other stuff, like my ridiculous hair :)






No comments:

Post a Comment